Monday, April 19, 2010

smitten with... closet shopping

so, it's my birthday. whoop-dee-do. yeah, 4/20. hitler's birthday, national let's get high day, columbine. what a great day. in honor of it, i went closet shopping. i raided the back corners of my teeny tiny closet and found some new fun stuff. also, it was sunny today! so i got to pull out my shorts and flip flops (hooray) and one of my tshirts (it was mislabeled and i purchased and XL instead of an XS. i would have returned it but i like the new effect.) and have fun.

oh, and i've got a lunch with my mom today, so i've got to figure out what to wear. and then post pictures. hopefully it'll be sunny and i can do an outdoor photoshoot. (too bad i'm missing a photographer. hm.)

also, you know what spring means? cutoff short time. i haven't worn most of my jeans in months - i'm in a skirt phase right now - so i'll be cutting most of them up. and maybe doing an acid wash on one or two, i might put up a tutorial later in the season.

but here are my finds from closet shopping:



for starters, i found this new necklace, which i really like, and these bangles, on my bedside table. i've been more into gold lately, which is weird for me - i tend to think silver's classier. it's easier for gold to look tacky. but when used right, i really like gold.


these platform sandals, which i really like, too. the colors nice, and i love the braiding on the side. my only issue is walking in them, but i'll master that eventually. and the heels are a little clunky for me, but i'm trying to get used to thicker heels.

on a recent second hand shopping and found these at crossroads, on broadway (to clarify, this is seattle we're talking about.) they were seven dollars, and i'm in love with them. i love the embroidery detail, and they have detachable buckle-tie-things, which are really cute.
i also found these at crossroads too, for fifteen dollars. i like them because at least from the top, you can't really tell they're heels. most people think they're moccasins, or something of the like. and for a short (ie; 5'0".) girl like me, cute, hidden heels are basically my savior. also, i like the sixties vibe.

outfit for the day - shorts, one of my comfy tees, those gray heels and the chain necklace. sorry for the awful camera quality (working on it!) and lighting. and sorry the pictures are so little.


oh, and i found this eraser. it's a little bowl of noodles, with some fried shrimp and beans. my birthday present to myself.

well, happy 420.

5 comments:

  1. Happy b-day!
    OMIGOD - love the gray heels!!!

    Thought that eraser was real for a sec - gotta love Japanese erasers!!

    stop by my blogs!
    http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com
    http://notthathaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks --
    I love them, I got a little sushi one too - they're adorable!

    I'll be sure to check out your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!! i hope you have a fun day to celebrate.

    you did really well shopping your closet :) the gold chains look great- since they are a little distressed they look even better. and i really love those embroidered heels. ~joelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol that eraser is amazing!! Thank you for your lovely comment :) Comfy tees are such a staple, I love them! <3

    skiepies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. joelle -
    i had a great day! thanks so much!

    sky pies -
    isn't it cute? i know, they're so... well, comfy.

    ReplyDelete