Monday, April 19, 2010

smitten with... the postal service




i just bought the postal service album give up, and i'm in love. i'm thinking about ordering it in vinyl, for our new turntable. it was released in 2003, but my brother just now introduced me to them. i'd heard such great heights (which rolling stone named the 27th best song of the decade) before, and liked it, but i'd never quite taken the time to listen to the whole album. now that i have, i find it's not even my favorite track. i prefer nothing better, sleeping in, brand new colony and we will become silhouettes. i mostly like the lyrics, which really sum up some of my feelings right now. (thus making this the perfect time to discover this album.) especially nothing better:
"tell me am i right to think that there could be nothing better,
than making you my bride and slowly growing old together.

don't you feed me lines about some idealistic future,
your heart won't heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures."

No comments:

Post a Comment